This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, creative stylist, who has got passion for hair and would like to extend their knowledge about hairdressing.
Blue Tit is all about Opportunity.
- continuous training at our Academy
- an opportunity to get involved in creative work and photo shoots
- the chance to work at one of our pop up salons at festivals, as far afield as Croatia.
An Apprenticeship is a great way to get into hairdressing!
- an in-depth education in hairdressing, where you will learn how to cut and colour hair
- the opportunity to obtain a NVQ level 2 in hairdressing
This job requires you to work, 4 days a week at one of our salons and 1 day per week will be spent training at our Academy, which shall open the door for you to work as a stylist.
This is the perfect role if you are already a qualified hairdresser but need that final bit of fine tuning, to give you the skills and confidence to work as a stylist.
As an Assistant/Junior Stylist, you will be required to work 5 days a week in the salon and attend training at our Academy at least one day a week, until you reach the required level to start as a stylist at one of our salons.
This is a great job if you have a friendly, sociable character. No experience required!
Being Front of House and the face of Blue Tit, we require excellent personable skills as customer care is one of our top priorities!
Full Time Hair Educator / Hair Stylist
We are looking for an experienced Hair Educator/Stylist who specialises in all hair types, including African/Caribbean/ Black British/Mixed heritage textured hair types, braids, with or without extensions and .
We are looking for:
- A hair educator with a minimum of 1 years teaching experience to join the education team in the Clapton Academy 1-2 days a week.
- Must specialise in colour and cutting education in all hair types, including African/Caribbean/ Black British/Mixed heritage textured hair types, braids, with or without extensions.
- This person will also work part-time in the Clapton Salon as a colourist/stylist
Academy Role and Responsibilities:
- Teaching NVQ qualified assistants and stylists from within Blue Tit as well as external students in all colouring and cutting techniques
- Working closely with the Academy Director, your role will be to lead on the design of an African/ Caribbean/ Black British/ Mixed heritage textured hair cutting and colouring course and curriculum
- Work collaboratively with senior management to diversify Blue Tit’s service offering
- Mentoring assistants and ensuring their progress is being tracked
- Work collaboratively with the people managers to upskill Blue Tit stylists in all hair cutting and colouring techniques
What we offer:
- A great opportunity for an educator to progress their careers and contribute to the establishment of a young academy
- Franchising opportunities
- All our salons are unique, “one of a kind” and fit the local area. Though you will be part of an emerging brand we aim to always feel and look like a boutique, independent and beautifully creative space to work in.
- An inclusive and expressive dress code. You are free to wear what you like to, as long as you are clean and professional at all times.
- Unparalleled and uncapped commission with unlimited potential to earn.
- The opportunity to work for a brand that is passionate about sustainability.
- Exclusive use of a studio in our Clapton academy.
- A summer and winter team party and regular company social events.
- 28 days holiday per year.
To apply use the application form below!
WORK IN one of our 10 SALONS
We are always looking for ambitious and motivated people to come and join the Blue Tit team. We love to support people in their career journey and as a growing company we can offer great opportunities.
To apply for any position or if you require anymore information, please email: email@example.com
For any Academy enquires, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Blue Tit we aim to be an equal opportunities employer which means we are determined to ensure that no applicant shall receive unfair treatment on the basis of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Blue Tit actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds.
The Blue Tit Academy
Working at Blue Tit allows you access to our amazing Academy, where you get the chance to learn from some of the best educators in the industry. Whether you are at the beginning of your hairdressing journey or are a qualified stylist, the Academy is the place to improve yourself.